For the last year, the humble blazer has had a make-over and discovered its way onto our Instagram feeds. Initially, a blazer seemed intimidating to me - could I wear a blazer in my day to day life? What i've learnt is yes of course: this year instead of choosing a dress for a party why not wear a co-ord sexy-suit? It’s time to feel like a female boss with this collection of Spring blazers.
Have you never considered bagging yourself a blazer? You'll soon see how many blazer styles there really is and how versatile the trend can be! If you had to place yourself in a box, would you consider your style as minimal? Loud and colorful, or edgy street style? This trend works across all of them, find out how there is definitely a spring blazer for you!
Which are your favorite Spring blazers?
When it comes to SS19 trends you can choose to go one of two ways. Either you choose a well-love Spring trend and pick a pastel colored blazer. The soft-hues of pastel colors make them perfect ice-cream colored clothing to add to your spring/summer wardrobe.
The color of 2019 is going to look coral-colored so it lends itself well to the trend. Alternatively, Fashiola has our money on a duck egg green to be popular this summer - all suitably sat within the pastel color trend.
If you're already pushing the boat out with this trend, why not push it a little further? Considering choosing one of these bold blazers for women: saturated colors are back from the 80s and animal prints continue to be popular trends in 2019.
Harper Jacket - Slim Fit Blazer in Dusky Pink, Womens2 4 8 10More details
Sage cord tailored suit blazerUS 0 US 2 US 4 US 6 US 8 US 10 US 12 US 14More details
Faux Leather Blazer DressEU 32 EU 34 EU 36 EU 38 EU 40 EU 42More details
Floral blazerS MMore details
Jacquard BlazerEU 32 EU 34 EU 36 EU 38 EU 40 EU 42More details
Velvet suit jacketS M XLMore details
- NA-KD$59.95Rut & Circle
Ofelia BlazerXS S M L XLMore details
- SSENSE$1,875.00Stella McCartney
Pinstripe Wool Blazer2XS XS SMore details
Fashiola Favorites: The grey plaid blazers for women
I might be going against the bright and bubbly Spring color trends but my favorite blazer styles has got to be the grey plaid versions. Fashion has taken the grey blazer and managed to make it a really modern and chic style - something which I love! Grey blazers for women are not dull to wear: pair an oversized plaid grey blazer with some distressed denim. If you roll up the sleeves, wear a sheer top and a mini skirt and some chunky shoes, you’re on for a winning outfit!
How style the blazer jacket.
1. Business casual for work: If you’re looking for an effortlessly chic look to wear to work simply pair your oversized blazer with a high neck sweater or high neck top - a blazer jacket is definitely a must-have for your summer office wear! You can make this look more relaxed by swapping out a blouse and wearing a spring blazer with a branded band tee.
2. Streetstyle + Sexy: Blazers for women are definitely considered sexy! If you’ve chosen one of the low-cut blazer styles this smart casual look isn’t limited to office-wear, your blazer jacket can be worn day-to-night by simply whipping off the top you have underneath.
3. Print on print craze: At the moment it's really popular to double up on trends and a favorite is mixing prints. You can make the most of your bold spring blazers by mix and matching prints. We've previously covered some of the things to consider if you're going to mix prints but most importantly it's to have fun with this trend!
It appears that 2019 is moving towards the patchwork trend - which is perfect for doubling up on prints. It's a bold move, as the co-ord suit is such a strong look, but give it a go!
4. Mad for Materials. Fashion continues to push the boundaries of when and how to use materials and 9 out 10 times it results in something great. Materials to keep an eye out for? 2018 was about linen, sure this will be back again once its warm, but 2019 is about corduroy, leather and velour. (That might be the dudd choice).
There are so many different ways to wear your spring blazers, the opportunities are endless! If you're looking for more outfit inspiration, check out the page of spring blazers combinations for some ideas from the last 12 months. Our advice? Make sure you invest in a splash of spring color and get yourself ready for that sunnier months!