Working at Fashiola HQ means working amongst a team of editors from all over the world. That means there's a real mixture of influences on fashion from the UK to Turkey, but there is one stand out style that always grabs the other's attention: Scandinavian Fashion.
The Scandi style has made an impact across the world; perhaps it's the effortlessly chic minimalism which has hooked the world's attention or how we can turn such a small range colors into a vast number of outfits. There's a certain skill to creating Scandi style inspired outfits and we've put together a few looks to get you started on your quest to conquer the Scandinavian minimalism - here we go!
When it comes to Scandinavian fashion there are a few key details remember. Comfort is key: you will often find us wearing something oversized = comfort. Our wardrobes are made up of mainly natural materials and fibers, so organic cotton and linen. And most importantly - black is the new black. We love to keep this neutral with our color palettes and have finessed the monochrome look.
There are some essentials when it comes to Scandinavian fashion
- loose fitting white shirt
- straight leg jeans
- neutral colors
- the ability to layer for all weather
- brown leather accessories
- organic basic t-shirts
There are also some essential brands to discover to start to find out more about Scandi style:
- Acne - who have perfectly created a collection around the must-have colors of 2019
- Ganni - not your typical monochrome Nordic style: the perfect way to incorporate print in your style.
- Samsøe & Samsøe - the quintessential Scandi-collection of neutral palettes and stripes.
- Filippa K - one of the most popular from the region for the Scandinavian minimalism.
- & Other Stories - part of the H&M group (leaders in Scandinavian fashion) from Stockholm, which includes Monki.
if you're looking for a quick and easy way to discover brands from across Europe, your first stop on your travels should be Farfetch. Originally from Portugal, Faretch have curated a careful edit of the latest fashion and must-have pieces from across the globe, which includes the Nordic fashion designers too!
Luckily, Farfetch are currently running an offer: check their discount code page for more info!
Not sure where to start? Scroll through some of the style books filled with our editor's inspired Scandinavian minimalism that will take you from cold winter days in Oslo to sunny Stockholm!